in lime light today: Ivy
Google

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Ivy

Digg!

Just in time

clipped from www.thatsfit.com
10 poison ivy myths

Posted: Aug 2nd 2008 1:00PM by Maggie Vink
Filed under: General Health


poison ivy

Recently I came down with my first case of poison ivy. And it's a doozy. A trip to the doctor last Monday has me on medication that's clearing it up quickly, though. I'll be happy to see it go away completely! Since this was my first case of the scratchy stuff, I did a little research online and discovered that a lot of the things I thought were facts about poison ivy turn out to be nothing but myths.

  • You can catch poison ivy by just being near the plants. Nope. You need to have direct contact with urushiol oil. However, weed whackers and lawn mowers can cause the oil to become airborne for a short time, so there is some truth to the myth.

  • Leaves of three, let them be. This is true for poison ivy, but poison oak and poison sumac are different.

  • Clipped by Pilo
    Nosle; avial
    Get Clipmarks - The easiest way to email text, images and videos you find on the web.
    Sent with Clipmarks

    No comments:

     
    in lime light today © Pilo Gui